Monday, July 4, 2011

{Project Runway Australia Sew-a-long} Challenge 1









The first challenge: a cocktail dress that expresses YOU as a designer


On the show, each designer is given a single stong colour to work with. Think red; yellow; peach; green; purple. Constraints foster creativity: maybe you have a bold colour in your stash? A garden party is an influence the designers were given at the challenge start (but is not an official part of the brief).


Are you up for it? You have until 8:30 next Monday 11th July. Upload at flickr.


Sew and create at your own level. Use a commercial pattern, make your own or free form.
Express yourself!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful initiative! I've watched PR Australia too, some season few yrs ago, wishing you lots of fun watching and sew-alonging! I'm curious what you'll make till next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you make next Monday... I wish I could join in... maybe not this time but a future time?
    and thank you so much for your kind comment on my socks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...